Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Space Between

Time left at posting: 2543 hours

It's the old story of hurry up and wait!  We are currently at a point where nothing much needs to be done and the lack of exciting milestones in our trip preparations makes it seem as if our departure day is still years away.  It is the dead space between those exciting times in planning, preparation and actually leaving for our trip. Pretty much all the major preparations that can be done at this early stage have already been done, and it is still too early to start on most of what is left.  I did send a small retainer to our guide in Nepal today via Western Union (did you even know they still existed?), but I have not really thought about the trip much other than that.   That I am completely and thoroughly overwhelmed by my Java II class probably has a little something to do with keeping my mind off of Nepal, but I think is also has to do with the fact that my "to-do" list has no priority items needing to be completed at the moment.  So I wait!

Up to this point, I have not really told many people about my blog.  While I welcome any and all readers, I figure that most of you would prefer to wait until the actual trip starts and there is something worth reading on these pages.  I will probably post the blog on my Facebook page in the next few months or so and thereby open it up to the rest of the world, but your more than welcome to pass on my blog address if you feel so inclined.  This is not a private blog by any means.  And for those chosen few that are out there, please don't hesitate to add a comment or ask a question.  I had no idea that anyone was reading this until I was recently asked why I had not posted an entry in the last few weeks.  Corrections in spelling and grammar are always appreciated as well.  After all, I am almost a collage graduate and have a reputation to protect ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment