Saturday, October 22, 2011

Hong Kong

Arrived safe and sound in Hong Kong just after 7pm on Saturday night local time, which would have been 4am Saturday Pacific time.  The flight was as nice as a 14 hour flight in coach can be.  Cathay Pacific is a pretty nice airline and I would recommend them, but there is only so much you can do to make everyone comfortable on such a long flight.  

Hong Kong is pretty cool looking at night.  Everything is lit up and it is beautiful here.  Jeff and I grabbed a bus from the airport to our hotel and then went out and walked around for a couple of hours and had a few beers to celebrate our arrival.  Today's plan is to get out and see the town before heading back out to the airport for our flight to Kathmandu later tonight.

Things will move quickly now as we will meet our guide at the airport late tonight and then grab a car tomorrow and start the journey to Jiri.  Internet coverage will start to get spotty and I have no idea how often I will be able to post, but I will continue to update my journal and then post to this blog when I can.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment